CALL FOR PAPERS
The iADH Abstracts will be published as the September 2018 issue of the Journal of Disability and Oral Health (JDOH) and hard copies will be available for the conference packs.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION INFORMATION / INSTRUCTIONS
Opening of abstract submission
September 1st , 2017
Deadline for abstract submission
March 2nd 2018
Notification of accepted abstracts
April 2nd, 2018
The presenting author must register by 15 th June 2018. If the registration is not received by this date, the abstract will be removed from the programme and abstract supplement.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Abstracts must be original, and at time of abstract submission should not have been published in a peer review journal or presented at an international conference.
- All abstracts should be approved by all authors before submission.
- All submitted abstracts will be reviewed by the iADH Congress Scientific Committee who will make the final decision on acceptance of the abstract after peer review using agreed criteria.
- The corresponding author will receive all communication and is responsible for informing the other authors of the status of the abstract.
- The author who submits the abstract will be notified of the receipt of abstract and assigned an abstract number by the organisers. Please refer to this abstract number in all correspondence.
- The iADH Scientific Committee reserves the right to allocate abstracts into the presentation sessions as they see fit, in accordance with the overall program objectives.
- The author will be informed by email no later than April 2nd 2018 as to the mode of presentation, if the abstract is accepted.
- Submitting authors will be notified as to whether their abstract has been accepted, as well as the date, time and form of their presentation.
- Abstract presenters must pay their registration fees no later than June 15th 2018 in order for their presentation to appear in the abstract supplement.
- If the original presenting author is unable to present the abstract, it is the author’s responsibility to ensure that one of the co-authors takes over the presentation. Any change of the presenting author needs to be communicated in writing to the iADH Congress Scientific Committee by June 15th 2018.
- If you want to withdraw your abstract, please contact Ms. Umut Yıldırım from iADH Congress Secretariat, [email protected] no later than June 15th 2018.
- The submitted abstracts become the property of iADH unless there has been prior arrangement with the Editor of the Journal of Disability and Oral Health.
- Abstracts will be reproduced in the abstract supplement of the Journal of Disability and Oral Health in a standardised form and may be edited for maximum clarity.
- Changes to abstracts are not permitted after the submission deadline.
Submission Categories for Abstracts related to disability and oral health.
This may include (but not limited to) children and adults with a wide range of disabilities and disadvantages, long-term medical conditions, sensory and physical impairments and additional/special needs, mental health conditions, people with dental phobia, frail older people and marginalised groups.
Abstracts may be submitted for the following categories:
- Clinical research
- Public health or social sciences research
- Basic or biological sciences research
- Education research
- Case studies
- Other – please describe
Abstracts can be submitted for a POSTER or ORAL COMMUNICATION.
Authors will state their preference on submission. The final decision on the allocation of the presentation format will be made by the iADH Scientific Committee.
Please do not forget to indicate if you want the abstract to be considered for the iADH research awards.
The word limit is no more than 250 words..
Title, authors and affiliation details are excluded from the word count.
Table and figures in abstracts are not permitted.
Note: Abstracts should not include references or abbreviations (unless defined).
Research Abstracts (For Categories 1-4 and 6)
- Design/ Methods –include number of subjects and selection; setting, procedures including the nature of any interventions, main outcome measures
Case Reports (For Category 5 only)
- Case report/s
Authors’ names and other details should be entered in the appropriate fields.
- Institution: affiliation details of all authors (department, hospital/institution, city/town, zip /postal code, country) should be included with the submission. Indicate with numbers the Institution associated with each author.
- Funding body: any funding body should be named
Authors are requested to adhere to the following guidelines. Failure to do so may result in the abstract not being accepted. Linguisticand scientific accuracy is the responsibility of the author.
- Select the topic that you are submitting the abstract for and preferred format.
- Language – All submissions must be written in English.
- Abstracts should not include references or abbreviations (unless defined).
- Abstracts must use correct grammar and punctuation.
- Title should be entered in the “Title Field”.
- The title should be short but descriptive.
- Type in sentence case
- First letter of first word should be in capitals and rest of title in lower case. Do not use a full stop/period at end of title.
- Abstract text should be entered in the “abstract field”.
- Abstracts should not be more than 250 words.
DECLARATION FORM FOR DISCLOSURE OF POTENTIAL CONFLICTS OF INTERESTS
This form must be completed electronically by the lead author and signed by all authors listed on the abstract. Abstracts will not be accepted without this form.
JDOH uses the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors form: http://www.icmje.org/conflicts-of-interest/
Note: Instructions on ICJME website-complete in Adobe Acrobat Reader, send pdf to [email protected] after submitting your abstract to the system.